• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to get Plesk to create www.conf.saved_by_psa?

TimReeves

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

regarding Plesk 12.5.30:

On my older Ubuntu 14.04 Server in /etc/php5/fpm/pool.d the original OS file "www.conf" has been saved by Plesk to "www.conf.saved_by_psa", and replaced by a stub which does nothing. That is exactly what I want, those 2 to 4 PHP-FPM processes serve no purpose.

But now I have a new server, Debian 8.5 with Plesk (OS-Image supplied by top German vendor Hetzner). I have had Plesk install Nginx and defined just one Domain for a start. And noticed that the original www.conf is still there, and no "saved_by_psa".

I have tried a lot of CLI Repair-Commands, and also Stop-Start Nginx and Apache in Plesk GUI - but still no "www.conf.saved_by_psa". What must I do to persuade Plesk to create this file?

Thanks!

Tim Reeves

Hi TimReeves,

pls. be informed, that ( standard ) PHP-FPM - configuration files ( which come with the vendor PHP - package, installed on your server ) will not going to be changed, or modified, because of nginx or/and apache restarts. These files will only be changed, when you change standard PHP configuration settings - at for example at => Home > Service Plans > Hosting Plans > YOUR-SERVICE-PLAN ( tab = PHP settings / choose PHP - handler = X.X.X by OS vendor ( default ) ).

There is nothing wrong to go with a manual renaming for this standard vendor configuration file... just name it to something different, than *.conf ( i.e. *.conf.BACKUP ), because only files with the ending "conf" are used as configuration files for the php5-fpm - service. Plesk "disables" the standard "www.conf" as well, when you choose another PHP - handler as default one for a used subscription. ;)

Back