• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to get rid of the error "Failed to start The PHP 7.0.23 FastCGI Process Manager."?

Hacker

New Pleskian
How to get rid of the error "Failed to start The PHP 7.0.23 FastCGI Process Manager."? I've read that I need to disable "Process PHP by nginx" but I can't find this option in settings.

Hi Hacker,

I've read that I need to disable "Process PHP by nginx" but I can't find this option in settings
This option is located at:

=> HOME > Domains > (sub)YOUR-DOMAIN.COM > PHP Settings > ( section ) PHP support ....
Plesk-Onyx_PHP-Settings_001.png

Could you pls. add within your post, WHERE you were informed about the statement:
How to get rid of the error "Failed to start The PHP 7.0.23 FastCGI Process Manager."? I've read that I need to disable "Process PHP by nginx"

Last edited by a moderator:
I was informed about the error on startup of debian. I've disabled process php by nginx but the error still exists. How to get rid of the error?

Hi Hacker,

here is one forum post I've done in the past, regarding the described issue. => #4

Pls. consider to add MORE informations ( YOUR operating system / YOUR current used Plesk version ( incl. #MU ) / corresponding entries from your logs ( => /var/log/plesk-php70-fpm / ... ), so that the Plesk Community is able to investigate your issue(s)/problems/questions. The MORE information ( facts! ) you provide, the better might be possible solutions / work-arounds and correspnding discussions. :)

Operating sytem is debian 8.9. Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3.
Log: /var/log/plesk-php70-fpm
[14-Sep-2017 04:54:13] ERROR: No pool defined. at least one pool section must b$
[14-Sep-2017 04:54:13] ERROR: failed to post process the configuration
[14-Sep-2017 04:54:13] ERROR: FPM initialization failed
[14-Sep-2017 04:58:51] ERROR: No pool defined. at least one pool section must b$
[14-Sep-2017 04:58:51] ERROR: failed to post process the configuration
[14-Sep-2017 04:58:51] ERROR: FPM initialization failed
[14-Sep-2017 05:07:37] ERROR: No pool defined. at least one pool section must b$
[14-Sep-2017 05:07:37] ERROR: failed to post process the configuration
[14-Sep-2017 05:07:37] ERROR: FPM initialization failed
[14-Sep-2017 17:50:39] ERROR: No pool defined. at least one pool section must b$
[14-Sep-2017 17:50:39] ERROR: failed to post process the configuration
[14-Sep-2017 17:50:39] ERROR: FPM initialization failed

Hi Hacker,

did you at least try to switch the PHP - handler? You are certainly able to switch back afterwards! This will mostly solve your described issue, if you don't want to go the "long way", as described at => #4

I tried to change php - handler but the error still present. Also i've tried to run plesk repair installation but it also didn't work.

I don't have an an error "No pool defined". I have the error "Failed to start The PHP 5.5.38 FastCGI Process Manager.". I can't disable php handler I need it.

Hi Hacker,

[14-Sep-2017 04:54:13] ERROR: No pool defined. at least one pool section must b$
[14-Sep-2017 04:54:13] ERROR: failed to post process the configuration
[14-Sep-2017 04:54:13] ERROR: FPM initialization failed
This is a result of your current issue and I really think, that I gave quite a few solutions and suggestions now and I think repeating myself will not help you much. Pls. consider to get help by contacting the official Plesk Support Team, asking for "Professional Services" ( Administration service ):

Back