• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved How to host DNS without hosting a website too

VW Nut

New Pleskian
Hello,

I have newdomain.com hosted in plesk.
The customer has olddomain.com hosted elsewhere, but wants me to bring it over to resolve to newdomain.com
I can 'add a domain' in plesk, but it sets up all the folders etc for a website, when all I want to do is host the DNS and redirect it.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm using one server on which I don't host sites (anymore) as authoritative DNS.
A long time ago I created a template called "DNS hosting" in which I turned web hosting off.
At the time I had problems doing the same for mail. I can't recall what it was exactly.

Anyhow, it's now in my system to create a subscription with that template and after that I turn the email off.
The template already points to my preferred hosting server.
Done in a minute....

mmm, no
There is no website hosting created after I create a subscription with that template.... (no hosting)
Somehow I couldn't do the same for mail, so I turn it off after creating the subscription.

upload_2017-9-15_10-34-22.png

EDIT

Plesk uses "Service Plan" for this. Not template...
upload_2017-9-15_10-39-15.png

BTW.... You could just ignore webhosting as it doesn't hurt. I think it's a bit ugly, so I prefer to turn it off. Mail hosting is something that really needs to be turned off as the server may otherwise not relay a mail but keep it to itself.

Last edited:
You need to contact your hosting company, as this also depends on it. You just need to configure the parameters correctly and be sure that the hosting allows you to do this. Now I use a verified hosting service at www.hostingcanada.pro for your site. He has very favorable terms, which cost me just a couple of bucks. It is important to find a really good hosting service so that there are no communication problems and there is enough space to upload content to the site. I chose this hosting because it provides a wide range of services and I can use almost any option that I need

Last edited:
that post is 3 years old!!!

Read here the definition of necroposting and why you shouldn't do it:

on top of that it's not an answer to his question.

Now that post is brought back from the dead I can add some extra info.
In the mean time Plesk has added some new features and now it Is possible to add a subscription with mail disabled.
I'm glad that this has been added.

Last edited:
Back