• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

how to install(move) plesk license to new server?

pegasx

Basic Pleskian
I have a server which has Plesk 7.5.3. I bought a new hardware and I wanna install Plesk 8.1.1 on it. How to install(move) the Key Number to new server and use the Key number with Plesk 8.1.1? (Probably, license should not be installed on more than one server at a time and I'm not sure that the license for Plesk 7.5.3 will be installed on Plesk 8.1.1)

Thanks in advance.

Contact your Plesk sales rep. They will issue you a temporary key to get you through the migration.

Hello Phoenixisp,

Thank for your reply. And Plesk Sales sent a temporary key to me. It contains 2 files:

PLSK.00xxxxx3.0000.sh (Plesk 8.0 with all features - 30 days - 45 kb)

PLSK.00xxxxx5.0000.xml (Plesk(TM) 8.1 for Windows with all features - 30 days - 5.5 kb).

But this is my first time that I'm gonna migrate to new server. And I really dont know what to do. Can you explain what will I do with these 2 files ?

I'll not use Plesk Migration Manager or etc. I will just create all domains and all databases one by one on new server and import all data by using sql files. So what should I do, can you explain it step by step?

Are steps like these? :

1. I will install this PLSK.00xxxxx3.0000.sh key to new Plesk 8.1.1 server and create all domains and databases and import all data.
2. I will shutdown old Plesk 7.5.3 server.
3. And how will I get new Plesk 8.1.1 key on new server instead of temporary key?

Thanks.

And I forgot to write that I'm gonna install Plesk 8.1.1 on Red Hat Enterprise 4.5. And they have sent a temporary key for Plesk 8.0 with all features. So should I install Plesk 8.0?

Contact sales again and ask them to send a 8.1 key for RHEL. While you are at it, ask him to email your current key.

Your reasonong sounds fine. Once you have the new server up and running, in the control panel go to "Server" -> "License Manager" there you should be able to install your key. Just download it from your current server.

Back