• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to install php 5.4.7 in plesk?

hassi2k7

New Pleskian
Hi there,

it seems that plesk only supports php 5.3. is it possible to install php 5.4 into plesk?
or does it make more sense to wait until a plesk php update comes out?

thanks for your reply - but it didnt worked... the new php version isnt in the Components Management... any solution?

I want change to plesk, but need php 5.4.7 or a change to plesk is not possible. Coming next time a update for this or is here a workaround?

Had issues with setting up microupdates ##38 and 39.
MU38 will fail to apply if IIS is started, saying that it cannot rename some files. PHP 5.4 support in "components to install" becomes active despite of this so in order to correctly install it you will need to remove and then re-add component (IIS should be shut down).

MU39 also fails to install if IIS is started but also it breaks PleskControlPanel.exe with the following error:

Execute websrvmng.exe --start-plesk-website failed with error code 1: Component php5_4 isn't supported
at (execUtil line 142)
at Execute C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\websrvmng.exe --start-plesk-website(execUtil line 149)
at Start control panel(PleskControlPanel::serviceMain line 110)
at PleskControlPanel::serviceMain(PleskControlPanel::serviceMain line 125)
Execute file name: C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\PleskControlPanel.exe

The Plesk Control Panel Service service is stopping.
The Plesk Control Panel Service service was stopped successfully.
ERROR: can't apply patch panel-11.0.9~patch39
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (Error code 32) at rename file C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\htdocs\index.php to C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\htdocs\.aiupd_10896\index.php.old
Warning! Not all packages were installed.
Please check if your system services are operable.
Please try installing packages again later.
Please resolve this issue and try installing the packages again.

When I manually shut down IIS and then apply update it goes ok and then I'm able to start PleskControlPanel.exe without mentioned error but since Plesk has autoupdate feature I suggest that AI.exe shuts down IIS and then starts it when update is finished so I won't be running across all the servers to make sure it did not break things again.

Back