• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue How to install SSL Lets encrypt only for mail.mydomain.com and webmail.mydomain.com?

caitanya

New Pleskian
Hi, I have a small problem. The customer has his website hosted on Wix and since Wix does not offer Mail Hosting he wanted me to offer him email service.

Now I've add the domain, but since the IP of WWW is at WIX, PLESK/Lets encrypt won't issue the certificate.

Is there a way how to achieve this?

I tried already to only make WWW going to WIX and without WWW going to my Server IP. However, the Plesk still says that it can not be issued since www is not the correct IP.

Under settings I did not select the www - so I don't understand why is Plesk saying that www can not be secured. I don't need www, just the domain wothout www.

Thank you for ideas!

When issueing a Let's Encrypt certificate you can check or uncheck the www subdomain. You can create such a cert for the domain only. It is possible, too, to only create it for Webmail. What checkboxes have you checked on the certificate creation dialog page?

2023-06-15_14-50-50.jpg

Back