• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to integrate slave DNS with Plesk

MisterU

Program manager
Staff member
Hello,

We have published an article about the 'Slave DNS' Plesk extension in our blog. We appreciate any comments. I hope that somebody will be inspired by this article and will create an extension, for example, for PowerDNS.

P.S. Parallels does not provide technical support services for this Plesk extension. The extension is intended to serve as example of how certain technical tasks can be accomplished.

Hey thanks for that,
I did everything as explained in the tutorial, but I have the problem, that the Slave doesn't create the DNS zone on updating.

Thank you ! I was waiting years for something like this. But, the doc and help is to clear enough, at least for me :-( In help section, it is not clear when settings are remote or local, when slave is remote or local, etc.

There are three steps to setting up DNS for websites

Thank you ! I was waiting years for something like this. But, the doc and help is to clear enough, at least for me :-( In help section, it is not clear when settings are remote or local, when slave is remote or local, etc.

There are three steps to setting up DNS for websites hosted on your Dedicated or Virtual Private Server (VPS) using Plesk 10.x:

Create a zone file for your domain name in Parallels Plesk Panel.
Create and register two domain hosts.
Assign your nameservers to your registered domain name.

stopped working on 11.5.30 Update #36?

Looks like that stopped working on 11.5.30 Update #36 i've got today.
custom-backend does not receive "create"
that's print_r for json_decode from stdin:

Array
(
[0] => stdClass Object
(
[command] => update
[zone] => stdClass Object
...skipped...
)

[1] => stdClass Object
(