1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How to manually add settings to the firewall?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by t.friedrich, Apr 19, 2007.

1. t.friedrich

t.friedrich Guest

Hi there.

Through Plesk the configuration of the firewall is very limited. It is not possible to add custom settings like one I really could use.

The following two rules will limit incoming connections to port 22 to no more than 3 attemps in a minute - any more than that will be dropped:

iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 22 -i eth0 -m state --state NEW -m recent --set
    iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 22 -i eth0 -m state --state NEW -m recent --update --seconds 60 --hitcount 4 -j DROP

This limits hackers trying to get into the server by brute force attacks.

Where do I place this so that it doesn't get overwritten when I use the plesk interface?

Regards
    Thomas

2. mortal

mortal Guest

perhaps here

/usr/local/psa/var/modules/firewall

3. Outrager

Outrager Guest

I've got a problem with my Plesk 7.5.4 Firewall...

After installing a TS2 server on my root srv and configuration, I wanted to make a tsviewer for websites. The problem now is, that the TCP port 51234 isn't set on the firewall. I tried to allow the incoming and outgoing of tcp port 51234 to the root server, but when I wanted to activate the firewall changes on the rootsrv, it shows up an error msg.

Find enclosed the screenshots.

I posted this problem already on the teamspeak forum: http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?p=173413#post173413

Thanks for helping

Attached Files: