• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to manually add settings to the firewall?

T

t.friedrich

Hi there.

Through Plesk the configuration of the firewall is very limited. It is not possible to add custom settings like one I really could use.

The following two rules will limit incoming connections to port 22 to no more than 3 attemps in a minute - any more than that will be dropped:

iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 22 -i eth0 -m state --state NEW -m recent --set
iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 22 -i eth0 -m state --state NEW -m recent --update --seconds 60 --hitcount 4 -j DROP

This limits hackers trying to get into the server by brute force attacks.

Where do I place this so that it doesn't get overwritten when I use the plesk interface?

Regards
Thomas

I've got a problem with my Plesk 7.5.4 Firewall...

After installing a TS2 server on my root srv and configuration, I wanted to make a tsviewer for websites. The problem now is, that the TCP port 51234 isn't set on the firewall. I tried to allow the incoming and outgoing of tcp port 51234 to the root server, but when I wanted to activate the firewall changes on the rootsrv, it shows up an error msg.

Find enclosed the screenshots.

I posted this problem already on the teamspeak forum: http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?p=173413#post173413

Thanks for helping

Attachments

• tsv01.JPG
    tsv01.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 63
  • tsv02.JPG
    tsv02.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 56
  • tsv03.JPG
    tsv03.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 53
  • tsv04.JPG