• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

How to manually add settings to the firewall?

T

t.friedrich

Guest
Hi there.

Through Plesk the configuration of the firewall is very limited. It is not possible to add custom settings like one I really could use.

The following two rules will limit incoming connections to port 22 to no more than 3 attemps in a minute - any more than that will be dropped:

iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 22 -i eth0 -m state --state NEW -m recent --set
iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 22 -i eth0 -m state --state NEW -m recent --update --seconds 60 --hitcount 4 -j DROP


This limits hackers trying to get into the server by brute force attacks.

Where do I place this so that it doesn't get overwritten when I use the plesk interface?

Regards
Thomas
 
I've got a problem with my Plesk 7.5.4 Firewall...

After installing a TS2 server on my root srv and configuration, I wanted to make a tsviewer for websites. The problem now is, that the TCP port 51234 isn't set on the firewall. I tried to allow the incoming and outgoing of tcp port 51234 to the root server, but when I wanted to activate the firewall changes on the rootsrv, it shows up an error msg.

Find enclosed the screenshots.

I posted this problem already on the teamspeak forum: http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?p=173413#post173413

Thanks for helping
 

Attachments

  • tsv01.JPG
    tsv01.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 63
  • tsv02.JPG
    tsv02.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 56
  • tsv03.JPG
    tsv03.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 53
  • tsv04.JPG
    tsv04.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 55
Back
Top