• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question how to manually unlock mailbox after it reached outgoing limits?

Pavlo.UA

Basic Pleskian
Hi all !
Please help , how can I unlock an mailbox after it has been locked because reached outgoing limits.

Example.
I have an mailbox and a limit for it 50 messages per hours.
Mailbox was hacked and started SPAM as much as he can. Mailbox limits started and mailbox was locked for sending.
I found that server IP, make a firewall rule, it is blocked for some time. How can I unlock mailbox for sending from this moment?

I understood that mailbox will return in good state during current hour, but I have mailboxes which can't wait so long....

You can temporarily increase the outgoing mail limits for that domain to a higher value and then set them back to their original value after a couple of hours.

Hey Monty, thanks )) I did it right like you said. But I hope there is more controlled option. Does anybody know? If there is automatic block, this is a trigger and we have to have access to manually change it's state, in theory.

Back