• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved How to migrate Drupal away from Plesk?

seancamden

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04/Debian 12
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.63 Update #4
I have a Drupal 7 site currently running on an Ubuntu server managed by Plesk, and I'd like to move it to a Debian server so that I can upgrade it to the current Drupal version (10).
So far I've tried simply copying the site files and the database, and creating a new vhost file, but that has not worked. Drupal serves up the "in maintenance mode" page pretty well, but nothing else will load.
Is there a guide for migrating a Drupal site away from Plesk anywhere? I don't have to use Debian, but I'd like to.
Also, if there's a way to upgrade Drupal without moving away from Plesk, I'd be interested in hearing about that, too.

I have a Drupal 7 site currently running on an Ubuntu server managed by Plesk, and I'd like to move it to a Debian server so that I can upgrade it to the current Drupal version (10).
So far I've tried simply copying the site files and the database, and creating a new vhost file, but that has not worked. Drupal serves up the "in maintenance mode" page pretty well, but nothing else will load.
Is there a guide for migrating a Drupal site away from Plesk anywhere? I don't have to use Debian, but I'd like to.
Also, if there's a way to upgrade Drupal without moving away from Plesk, I'd be interested in hearing about that, too.
This was actually pretty easy to fix. Corrected file permissions in DocumentRoot, and allowed overrides in the Apache config, and it's working. Now the real fun begins.

Back