• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to migrate Plesk?

pablogt

New Pleskian
Hi all,
I have tried to upgrade ubuntu from 16 to 18 to 20 etc... with no success...
I am considering to create a new instance of ubuntu and intall plesk again...
How do I migrate from one plesk to another with no data loss?
thanks

Pablo

Plesk says you should not upgrade your Ubuntu version, it may break things. I have the same issue with an older server running Ubuntu 18, the solution is really what Rasp says: run a migration. Just don't forget about DNS propagation periods...

Hi all,
I have tried to migrate plesk to new fresh version with no luck
It stays on starting...
I am now wondering if I have the right login information....
For Root I used default admin
public IP
and password...

Is there a difference between root and admin?

thanks

Usually you'll receive the root login credentials from your provider or you've create your own root credentials when you've installed the server.

Usually you'll receive the root login credentials from your provider or you've create your own root credentials when you've installed the server.
I just created a new virtual machine with plesk on Google Cloud and nowhere do I receive the root login...
Is there a way to search for it or change it on mode command line?

I am not familiair with Google Cloud myself. A quick Google search about Root access for GC gives me this Stackoverflow article: Get root password for Google Cloud Engine VM

Which suggests that you (might) have to create a root password yourself. Doing something on command line like:
Code:
user@server[~]# sudo passwd
Changing password for user root.
New password:
Retype new password:
passwd: all authentication tokens updated successfully.

Hi all,
I have tried to upgrade ubuntu from 16 to 18 to 20 etc... with no success...
I am considering to create a new instance of ubuntu and intall plesk again...
How do I migrate from one plesk to another with no data loss?
thanks

Pablo
Next, create a remote backup in the cloud. To do this, install the Googe Drive Backup extension. You will need to do two backup configurations, one on the server and one for the remote backup. First set up Remote Backup for a gdrive account with enough space for backups of your accounts on the server. Set up a security password for the backup. Now configure the backup on your server. and also use a security password. Finally, after the backup is complete. I recommend using the current centOS 8 and Plesk 18, right after installing the OS and panel, configure the backup again with the remote backup, so that it is possible to restore your client and primary accounts.

I am not familiair with Google Cloud myself. A quick Google search about Root access for GC gives me this Stackoverflow article: Get root password for Google Cloud Engine VM

Which suggests that you (might) have to create a root password yourself. Doing something on command line like:
Code:
user@server[~]# sudo passwd
Changing password for user root.
New password:
Retype new password:
passwd: all authentication tokens updated successfully.
OK, thanks... I will try that...

Back