• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to point domain-attached DB to another instance?

davidlp

New Pleskian
Hi! How do I change the db attached to my domain so that it's the same as the one indicated in my Wordpress site? I already tried changing on Wordpress end and it seems the wrong way.

I meant the DB in the popup info in the circled section. I've been looking for hours and could not find a dropdown or text box to input the change.
Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 7.39.06 PM.png

Navigate to domain > databases. Next to the database name you can assign the database to a website.

Schermafbeelding 2023-11-10 130007.png

@Kaspar there is no domain > databases section on my end or maybe I'm just too dumb to find it. But if I click a specific domain, and click databases, I get this which is also not like yours.Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 8.48.15 PM.png

You're on the right page. Click the 'wrench tool' icon, on the right side of the search field and select 'active list' from there. That way you can assign databases to domains.

Last edited:
I often have the case here that users believe that a database must be assigned to a specific domain. It does not. Every domain on the same host can use every database as long as the login credentials are correct. The type of "assignment" done on the screens shown above are for a better user orientation only. Even if a database is assigned to domain A it can be used with domain B.

Back