• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to point virtual directory Outside domain main folder

E

enettech

Hi,

I want ot creat virtual directory that points outside domain main for multiple clients to share common stuff

i.e

Common Stuff in
---------------------
c:\inetpub\CommonStuff

domain1.com
---------
C:\Inetpub\vhosts\domain1.com

virtual directry
-----------------
CommonStuff points to c:\inetpub\commonStuff

it is not letting me point the folder by using ../../
(tried both ../../CommonStuff and ../.../../CommonStuff)
saying: Physical path is invalid or does not exist

I know this can be done, as plesk-stat is using the same thing.

Plus is there a way to lock it out (like plesk-stat virtual dir) so that custome would not be able to delete it by accident (or change the content of it)

Thanks in advance

:confused: :confused: :confused:

The Plesk CP might not have access outside of the root folder IIRC. Your better off going into the IIS Manager in the Admin Tools of the server and setting it up by hand.

Thanks for the reply. I was considering doing the same.

You are ther first one sending reply after so many days. It is a pitty that no on form SWSoft monitor and help in the Forums for unhandle issue. It is only us people helping each other.

how 'bout now?

Has anyone figured out a way to may a virtual directory automatically to new sites?

I know this is almost 6 months after the thread started, but if you've found a way I'd like to hear it. I don't care if it's a GUI thing - in fact, I'd prefer if it were NOT a GUI thing. I'd like to just have a single folder mapped to a VD for every new site upon creation.

Thanks.

Back