• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved How to reclaim Docker's data disk space (devicemapper directory)

Précurseur

New Pleskian
Hello,

I installed Plesk Obsidian on a new server (please note that I'm quite new to Plesk) and I just noticed that the directory
/var/lib/docker/devicemapper/devicemapper/data
has a size of about 100 GO. I don't use docker and I don't remember having configured anything related to this.
Is there a way to safely reclaims all that disk space or is it somehow required by Plesk ?

Hello,
Thank you for your fast reply !
If you're talking about the paying extension "Docker" (/modules/catalog/index.php/catalog/package/docker), then it's not installed.
But I have a "Docker" entry in the sidebar menu in the "Server Management" section.
This page says: Docker Catalog at Localhost: No images are installed at the moment. You can install a Docker image from the catalog.

Something wrong there. Looks like partially removed extension. Try to install Docker extension and then remove it.

Ok, thank you, the Docker menu entry is no more there. But this didn't remove the Docker's data.
Any safe way to remove that please ?

Thank you for your help IgorG.
So in: /var/lib/docker/devicemapper/devicemapper
I have :
- data: 100 Go
- metadata: 2 Go
You think it's ok to simply do:
rm -rf /var/lib/docker/devicemapper/devicemapper ?

Before removing make sure that no running docker processes on your server with

# ps ax | grep docker

Here's the result of your command:
895 ? Ssl 0:03 /usr/bin/dockerd -H fd:// --containerd=/run/containerd/containerd.sock
11566 pts/1 R+ 0:00 grep docker

I really don't know where this could be from.

I don't know how docker works, so I you know a command to stop these processes or stop all "containers" (don't know if this is the right word) before I try to rm the data, please give it and the post can be closed.
If not I will search about that, thank you.

Check that docker service is started with

# systemctl status docker

And stop it with

# systemctl stop docker

OK thank you for you help, I will try to remove these data without breaking something.
I would like to close this issue but I can't find the appropriate button (or maybe there is no such feature).
Thank you,

Back