• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to remove Mail server from Plesk panel ?

MajooshM

New Pleskian
Hi,

I am managing several plesk 9.5 servers via Plesk expand. I had to rebuild one Plesk server attached to Plesk Expand and by mistake I installed Qmail mail server. We have a central Mail server. I attached the newly built server to Plesk expand and it's showing two options for mail server. One is the local mail server for Plesk and the Remote mail option.

How can I disable the Local Mail servers option so that no users can see the option of Local Mail server.

Thanks

Igor or anyone else, any idea on this ?

I tried running plesk installer but it does n't allow me to disable the Mail server.

Removing the RPM for qmail do any harm ? If I remove the psa-qmail rpm will I be able to send mail out from the server ? do I need to install a sendmail or something in that case ?

MTA is a one of important parts of any Linux OS and you can't remove it without breaking all OS functionality. You can stop, disable MTA but you can't remove it.

MTA is a one of important parts of any Linux OS and you can't remove it without breaking all OS functionality. You can stop, disable MTA but you can't remove it.

Thanks for your reply Igor. I know MTA is an important part for Linux but for this Plesk server am using remote mail ( this server is integrated to Plesk Expand) it's showing two Mail options for the customers i.e Mail Accounts and the Remote Mail ( under Custom buttons) I want just disabled the Local mail server option so that customers should only use the remote mail option. I have attached the image of the control panel when the customers tries to login for their website. I want to disable the mail server option marked with the red color. The customers should only be able to use the one marked with green color ( which is the remote mail )
pleskmail.jpg
Thanks hope you understood the situation

Regards
Majoosh

In Plesk 8.x there was option "interface preference --> Desktop preset" and we could remove it, but there is no such option in plesk 9.5.x..

Is there any way to disable it via backend ( i.e "mysql " ), at least want it be greyed out.

Finally, ( stupid me )

There is actually option in 9.5.x Settings--> Home page Presets and you can remove the Mail ( local mail option )

Back