• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to reread IP addresses via command line

KristianR

Basic Pleskian
I'm looking to reread IP addresses via the command line in Plesk 8.x and 9.x, just as you can in Plesk 10 with /usr/local/psa/bin/ipmanage --reread.

I've found '/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/ifmng --reread' in my Plesk 9.5.4 installation, but it does not list the newly added IP address. I still have to go into my panel and click on Home -> IP Addresses -> Reread IP

The steps I've performed:

From hwnode:
vzctl set <veid> --save --ipadd <additional ip address>

From inside container:
[root@myvps bin]# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/ifmng --reread
[root@myvps bin]# /usr/local/psa/bin/ipmanage -l
State Type IP Clients Hosting
0 S venet0:<old ip>/255.255.255.255 1 2

The new IP address does not show. Once I reread through the panel, 'ipmanage -l' will show the new IP. Am I missing a step via the command line process, or is it not possible in these versions of plesk to reread the IP via command line?

Thanks.

Kristian Reese

Upgrade to Version 11.* In less than 1 Year Plesk 9 life cycle will end.

I am fully aware of Parallels Lifecycle, which is precisely why I'm asking this question. I am preparing to migrate a couple thousand customers. Any help on how to reread the IP address via cmd line in Plesk 9 would be helpful as I'd like to use the php migration script, even though in current tests, it fails. I've noted in the error in forum

Back