• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved One or more IP addresses registered in Plesk are missing from the server's network

andyxyz

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04.6
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.50 Update #2, last updated on Feb 28, 2023 12:21 AM
Hi all

We have been hit with the usual upgrade bug. Normally we just do this...

however. the Reread ip Button does nothing

running

/usr/local/psa/bin/ipmanage --reread
or
plesk repair web -y -v

seems to run without error but has no effect.

The IPs are still marked as "missing from the servers"

about 30 servers affected

Version 18.0.50 Update #2, last updated on Feb 28, 2023 12:21 AM

moving the site off the ip.. deleting the ip and re-adding works.. but this will take forever on some servers

interstingly the main ip is handled / defined within netplan while plesk (broken ips) are handled within /etc/network

ok so restarting interfaces

sudo ifdown --exclude=lo -a && sudo ifup --exclude=lo -a

then

plesk repair web -y -v

seems to have fixed it..

In what sense is this "resolved" ??

This happens at least once every 3 -4 months.. affecting dozens of servers at a time at 6:30 in the morning. I can see a few others are going through the same. Just because you can rescan the IPs to fix does not mean it is "resolved"?

@andyxyz I set it to resolved, because a Plesk-side solution is provided. However, to resolve the cause, investigation on your server is required. Plesk does not do any changes to IP address configurations, so you'll need to find out what is happening to your IP addresses once every 3 - 4 months at 6.30 am.

In case you suspect it is a result of an update, maybe you can add an event trigger to the Plesk event manager so that everytime after an update the above commands are issued to the server?

If you suspect a Plesk issue, it needs to be investigated on your server. Please open a ticket with Plesk support for that.

Hi, You have to create each additional IP with SSH command:
ip addr add XX.XX.XX.XX/MASK dev INTERFACE
In MASK you have to set the mask of you main IP. You can know it ip you type in SSH the command ip a
In interface is the option that is shown when you tried to add an Ip in the panel
in my case, one example is:
ip addr add 88.88.888.88/32 dev ens6
hope this help

Yes, I noticed after posting this answer, that does not survive when reboot the machine. Anyway is the way that Plesk support told me to do.

So, I think that is better to remove my reply to avoid confusing the rest of users and I ask you if can tell me the best way to do it.

I´ve read somewhere to modify the file /etc/network/interface but my plesk does not have this file, so I do not know what to do.

When you ask me I´ll delete my previous post.

plesk does not change the way your linux distribution configures ip addresses, so you'd really need to look up your distribution's networking documentation.

Thanks. Where can I find or who can show me my "Distribution´s networking documentation?
PS.- Do you think that is better to remove my post to avoid consuffions to other users?

Back