• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to set up nameserver correctly?

azn137

New Pleskian
Hi guys, first off, I'm totally new to Parallels Plesk.

My situation is this: I have a domain fstoppers.com registered with Godaddy, and I signed up for a dedicated server with 1and1 using Plesk 11.0.9. At the moment, the nameservers of fstoppers.com on Godaddy are NS01.DOMAINCONTROL.COM and NS02.DOMAINCONTROL.COM. I've only created the domain on Plesk, and pointing fstoppers.com from Godaddy to my dedicated server's IP, 74.208.67.12.

This obviously isn't the correct way to do it. I found this out the hard way when I tried to create a subdomain forum.fstoppers.com. Nothing happened.

At the moment, I've created A records of ns1.fstoppers.com and ns2.fstoppers.com, both point to my server's IP address. I've also created the subdomain forum.fstoppers.com, which uses a diff webroot directory, and an A record of forum.fstoppers.com that points to 74.208.67.12.

How do I go about correcting this? Please help.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Signed, n00b.

Last edited:
Thanks. I was able to figure this out. Turns out, when I told my associate to change the nameservers, he only changed where the domain was pointing to (A record). Once I made the change to the nameserver to match with 1and1, I was golden.

Back