• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to setup a cronjob for apache restart

W

wattie

Recently my apache is overloading the server and I don't know why. It has to be restarted on regular basis (every day) to keep the server stable...

What exactly I need to write as a cron job to have this done? I am on freeBSD 6. I tried "5 9 * * * /usr/local/psa/apache/bin/apachectl restart ", but it doesn't seem to work

Well, you should figure out why it's overloading, rather than fixing it with a bandaid (restart), but try this:

5 9 * * * root /usr/local/psa/apache/bin/apachectl restart

Originally posted by wattie
Recently my apache is overloading the server and I don't know why. It has to be restarted on regular basis (every day) to keep the server stable...

What exactly I need to write as a cron job to have this done? I am on freeBSD 6. I tried "5 9 * * * /usr/local/psa/apache/bin/apachectl restart ", but it doesn't seem to work

Actually more new information is comming - this is not related to crontab itself anymore.

1. When I use "Restart" on "Web Server (Apache)" using the Service Management in Plesk - the usage falls
2. When I execute "/usr/local/psa/apache/bin/apachectl restart" via SSH the usage do not falls that much

Question: What "restart web server (apache)" in Plesk actually do?

P.S. Of course locating the root of the problem is the correct solution. I am just raising different type of question here

Got it - it's not just apachectl restart, but instead we should use httpd restart in rc.d

Back