• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to setup mail in Plesk

dkarts

New Pleskian
Hello Community.
I hope someone can help me with my question.

I have a cloud server from 1&1 where Plesk Onyx 17.0.17 is running on Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS. Everything works quite fine, excepting the mail.
In the Plesk Configuration I've setted up some Mailaddresses and I can access them with roundcube webmail. But if I try to send or receive mails they are not transmitted. In fact I can see them mailqueue.

Maybe some extra Informations: SMTP Server is Postfix, IMAP/POP3 is Dovecot,
What I want is send and receive Mails with the roundcube webmailclient and in addition with a mailsoftware like Apps on mobile or Outlook/Thunderbird.

Also I will mention, that I am not good with the usage of the shell, so some more advices would be helpful if needed.

If someone need more information please ask. I really appreciate all of your help in advance.

First thing is to check the MX records for the domain in the issue , make sure you have proper MX record set and its active. Second thing to check the mail logs while sending the mails. Check the mail logs at /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog and it will give you an idea of whats happening while sending the mails.

Well, there seems to be some issues which needs to be investigated then. you can ask your server provider to check on the issue as it may be with the IPs or hire an expert to look into the issue.

Hello everyone, I am new to recent versions of Plesk (using 17) 2 days ago I bought a 123-REG VPS to replace the old Webfusion Plesk 8.2.
I have set up a domain and emails and can see emails being sent in using Plesk to look at the mail queue but nothing arrives at the client. Webmail tells me it cannot connect to the SMTP server. 123-REG have confirmed the MX records are OK.
Do I have to configure an SMTP server with Plesk? I didn't have to in Pleask 8.
As you can gather I am a newcommer to Linux, Plesk and VPS's so any help would be very much appreciated, Thanks

Back