• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

How to stop PHP from logging undefined

Edi Duluman

Basic Pleskian
Hello !

My logs are full with this kind of logs from customers which are not interesting at all.

upload_2016-5-30_12-28-43.png

I went into Tools & Settings > PHP Settings:

upload_2016-5-30_12-32-13.png
Then went on the 5.6.16 OS vendor FPM - php.ini and changed the error_reporting as follows:

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT & ~E_NOTICE

Been waiting few moments for the settings to sync towards the customers and still I'm getting these errors logged.

In the file I'm also having "error_reporting( E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE );" and still they get logged.
Is there any way around these logs ?

As far as I see most of these warnings are related to bio-vita.no site. Why would not you go to PHP Settings of this subscription and setup these PHP log settings there?

But, if I do that error_reporting setting in the general php.ini -- wouldn't it count as "default" error reporting option in bio-vita.no's PHP settings ? Because that's what I was expecting when I have changed the loggin setting.

If you have domain with CGI/FastCGI mode of PHP some of values will be taken from /var/www/vhosts/DOMAINNAME/conf/php.ini file despite of settings defined in Plesk interface. Thus priority of receiving settings for custom php.ini is following:

server-wide php.ini < PHP setting defined for the domain in the Plesk GUI < domain's conf/php.ini

And be sure that you edit correct php.ini. Check it with output of

# plesk bin php_handler --list

Back