• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

How to stop PHP from logging undefined

Edi Duluman

Basic Pleskian
Hello !

My logs are full with this kind of logs from customers which are not interesting at all.

upload_2016-5-30_12-28-43.png

I went into Tools & Settings > PHP Settings:

upload_2016-5-30_12-32-13.png
Then went on the 5.6.16 OS vendor FPM - php.ini and changed the error_reporting as follows:

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT & ~E_NOTICE

Been waiting few moments for the settings to sync towards the customers and still I'm getting these errors logged.

In the file I'm also having "error_reporting( E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE );" and still they get logged.
Is there any way around these logs ?

As far as I see most of these warnings are related to bio-vita.no site. Why would not you go to PHP Settings of this subscription and setup these PHP log settings there?

But, if I do that error_reporting setting in the general php.ini -- wouldn't it count as "default" error reporting option in bio-vita.no's PHP settings ? Because that's what I was expecting when I have changed the loggin setting.

If you have domain with CGI/FastCGI mode of PHP some of values will be taken from /var/www/vhosts/DOMAINNAME/conf/php.ini file despite of settings defined in Plesk interface. Thus priority of receiving settings for custom php.ini is following:

server-wide php.ini < PHP setting defined for the domain in the Plesk GUI < domain's conf/php.ini

And be sure that you edit correct php.ini. Check it with output of

# plesk bin php_handler --list

Back