• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to update MariaDB

WhiteTiger

Basic Pleskian
There is a guide to update MariaDB, from the native release in Plesk Onyx to 10.x?
I tried some guide in Internet, but are not for Plesk.

Thanks in advance.

Hi WhiteTiger,

did you know, that the Forum has as well a powerfull SEARCH engine? I found quite a lot of threads, regarding the update of your MariaDB - server:

If you experience any issues/errors/problems, pls. don't hesitate to open a new thread with your issues/errors/problems and don't forget to mention your actual operating system on your server, the Plesk version ( incl. #MU ) in use and when you provide depending entries from your logs, you can be sure, that people willing to help are able to assist you with investigations and solutions. ;)

Sorry, you are right.
I did the research from Google and I read several pages on this Forum, but not recent.
I should have started from here.

For any reference about upgrade to 10.2:

1) I have created the file: /etc/yum.repos.d/MariaDB.repo with:
Code:
# MariaDB 10.2 CentOS repository list - created 2017-07-02 09:18 UTC
# http://downloads.mariadb.org/mariadb/repositories/
[mariadb]
name = MariaDB
baseurl = http://yum.mariadb.org/10.2/centos7-amd64
gpgkey=https://yum.mariadb.org/RPM-GPG-KEY-MariaDB
gpgcheck=1

2) # service mariadb stop
3) # yum install MariaDB-server MariaDB-client
4) # service mariadb start
5) mysql -V

I did not see this, but version 10.2 was considered stable.
But why this update can not be managed from within the plesk?

Now what should I do?
Just change the repo and do yum install again?
Otherwise, I'll restore the image I saved.

Anyway, thank you very much for your support.

Hi WhiteTiger,

but version 10.2 was considered stable
Even that third - party components could be declared as "stable", this doesn't mean that they are compatible with your current Plesk version. Plesk must be sure, that the new component works as expected, which included quite a lot of tests and compatibility checks, before Plesk changes the official software requirements.

But why this update can not be managed from within the plesk?
Even that you have the possibility to set at => HOME > Tools & Settings > Update and Upgrade Settings the option => "Automatically install system package updates", this will not automatically upgrade a "declared as stable" third-party component. Pls. be patient and keep in mind, that it will ALWAYS take some time for the Plesk developers to check the compatibility for third-party components!

Just change the repo and do yum install again?
Otherwise, I'll restore the image I saved.
Due to the fact that you have both possibilities, just consider to test the first one and if you experience issues/errors/problems, you should consider to choose the second option to restore your backup - image afterwards, to solve your issues/errors/problems. ;)

Back