• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

HOWTO move /usr/local/psa to different partition?

N

nianderson

I see that just moving it and creating a link does not work. I need to move the psa directory to our /home partition where there is plenty of free space. Can anyone tell me how to do this? I didnt see an option in the install to tell it where to install .... though I may have missed it.

Originally posted by nianderson
I see that just moving it and creating a link does not work. I need to move the psa directory to our /home partition where there is plenty of free space. Can anyone tell me how to do this? I didnt see an option in the install to tell it where to install .... though I may have missed it.

setting PRODUCT_ROOT_D in the /etc/psa/psa.conf, moving files and restarting Plesk should be enough. But think about your users' scripts. Pretty sure they have absolute paths inside :)

This is a new setup so I dont have any users setup yet. shouldnt be a problem right?

edit

well i changed all the paths in /etc/psa/psa.conf
changed /usr/local/etc/rc.d/psa.sh to reflect the new paths and the functions file updated to the new path of psa but it is still erroring out when i try to start psa

any ideas?>

Code:
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/psa.sh start
.: Can't open //usr/local/psa/rc.d/functions: No such file or directory
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
Plesk: failed to start admin server

If it's a new server setup, then personally I would recommend just starting over and partitioning things differently, rather than starting out by playing with moving things and using links...

i suppose we could but i shouldnt have to partition my box around a single piece of software shouldnt I be able to just put plesk where I please?

just to make sure im not missing something there is no way during the plesk install to point it to d different location?

The installer does not give the option to change install path.

No, the install assumes your partition with the /usr structure will have enough room for expansion...

No you should not necessarily have to partition due to a single software, but if you are limiting the /usr partition that severely, are you using a large enough storage device? What about future updates, upgrades, addons, etc for the next couple of years or more?

I guess I just like having room to expand over time :D No matter how much room I start with, it's never enough...

yeah it has 10 Gig for /usr and 250 gig for /home

plenty of room I just want all those users files to be put on the /hgome with the other users data that will be stored on the system. I suppose I will have to just move everything else. I just think that is ridiculous. Oh well you didnt code it not your fault :) and im not going to create my own or switch to a different pannel as the business already bought this one.

However if anyone has successfully moved psa to a different location in the filesystem ie /home or / whatever I would appriciate tips .... no clue where its getting all the /usr/local stuff from anymore ... as far as I can tell i changed every refference I could see from /usr/local/psa to /home/psa but when starting psa it still is looking at /usr/local as you can see above.

Originally posted by nianderson
yeah it has 10 Gig for /usr and 250 gig for /home

plenty of room I just want all those users files to be put on the /hgome with the other users data that will be stored on the system.

Oh, sorry, I was a bit sleepy when advised you to change PRODUCT_ROOT_D. I grepped /usr/local/psa to find how much /usr/local/psa is contained inside. Many times. So... It seems impossible to relocate it.

But user data (in vhosts) seems to be easily moved around. HTTPD_VHOSTS_D parameter controls this. Surely, you will be need to recreate Apache configs and so on.

yeah i saw that when i first edited it so i just did a global replace of /usr/local/psa with /home/psa the init script also references /usr/local as do many other files i suppose i could write a script that recursivlyedits all files and changes any instance of /usr/local/psa to /home/psa but thats no gaurentee i suppose and a pita

Back