• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Sitejet Builder - move/migrate site from subdomain to domain

ChristophRo

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 11
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.58 #2
Is it possible to migrate a Sitejet Builder website that was created on a subdomain, to the primary domain?

If there is currently no official/GUI option for that, can you tell me where in the (psa) database the corresponding information (i.e. "/modules/plesk-sitejet/index.php/edit/index?dom_id=440&site_id=740") is stored, so I can edit it manually and "link" it to the primary domain?

We expect to get such "move" requests more frequent now, as our customers begin to adapt and use this new Sitejet extension.
And it's quite common to create and test a new site on a subdomain (like https://new.domain.tld) and then switch to live when ready.

As far as I know, this is only possible by renaming the domain. It is a known deficiency of the current Sitejet Builder and is already being discussed that such a cloning or migration operation should become possible in a future release.

The Sitejet team has informed me that around the beginning of March they plan to publish an update that enables users to move/migrate a website from one domain to another.

I assume this function to move/migrate a website is not yet published in the Sitejet extension?
As least I don't see anything like that release notes.

If there is currently no official/GUI option for that, can you tell me where in the (psa) database the corresponding information (i.e. "/modules/plesk-sitejet/index.php/edit/index?dom_id=440&site_id=740") is stored, so I can edit it manually and "link" it to the primary domain?
To answer my own question, in the end it is quite simple.
Adjusting the ext-plesk-sitejet-website_template_id value in the dom_param table of the psa database for the new site

Back