1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

HTTP 500 Internal Server Error (Urgent)

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by ausip, Feb 14, 2012.

1. ausip

ausip New Pleskian

40%
    HTTP 500 Internal Server Error (HELP)

Urgent Issue

During a momentary lack of concentration I did a chown user:group /, missing the leading full stop, on my CentOS Plesk 9.5.4 server.

I have restored all permissions etc. for RPM's installed. Qmail was still broken, so I migrated across to postfix. This fixed my email issues. Bind is running fine and so is apache, for all the client domains.

When browsing https://mydomain:8443 I am receiving - HTTP 500 Internal Server Error
    and
    When browsing the webmail i recieve the pop up message - Unable to get webmail password

Can someone please let me know what the user and group permissions should be on the following locations

/usr/local/psa and it's contents
    /etc/psa and it's contents

and any other file / folder permissions that may be necessary.

I am trying to avoid a full server re-install.

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012