• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved I can send email but can not receive

majid.empire

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.43 Update #1
Hi,
I found that I can't receive emails from external server,
I can send emails to Gmail for example but can receive from it. I don't know what happened I didn't change anything in DNS records or anything else
Any Idea friends ?

I'm having the same issue. Nothing is being received for external email addresses. There's nothing on the logs because I don't thing it's getting to the server. All ports are open. If I login to webmail and send to myself I get the email. Dns is correct I'm just getting no inbound mail from alll email providers.

Same question to you. The external mailserver will eventually give up on delivery and send you a notification about it. This can take a few days in case of temporary errors (like greylisting a sender that cycles through a huge number of mail-out gateways, only getting back to one after it already expired from the greylisting cache), but it usually contains info to point you into the correct direction.

Do you have the correct MX records for your domain?
Your domain should have an MX record which points to your Plesk server.

Check if your DNS resolves the correct MX records when you do a lookup:
Code:
dig MX domain.com @1.1.1.1

I Fixed my issue. I was using a home router and I couldn't forward port 25 as often ISP's block this port with the routers they provide. Once I purchased a new router and set the Virgin router my ISP provided to modem mode. Ran ethernet cable from LAN1 port on the old router to LAN 1 port on the new router. Get the new router accepting internet traffic and getting a public IP. Forwarded port 25 to my server IP. Boom, my emails are now coming through to all domains hosted on my server.

Back