• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

I need your feedback about Control Visibility!

thanks for your fast answer Sergey!

To avoid such cases we are doing now a complete review of all controls and their impact on UI items visibility
Regards

hope that will help and i hope we dont have to wait for Plesk11 to see the results;)

btw: what about my points 2 and 3 from the last post?

Sorry, I didn't see #2 and #3 when replying. Maybe they were added a little later when I started writing response.

Unfortunately I cannot respond precisely for #3 - I guess it is about Certificate and Domain Name purchase, right? It is something done long ago, before I joined. I can guess that license key management was considered the best way for provider to apply same settings to all hosts rather then tune each new instance in UI.

I'll need some more time to respond for #2

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
The very first skin needed is a full-width skin for the control panel.
Moving from Plesk 9 to Plesk 10, where the control panel is apparently locked at a puny 860 pixels in width is driving me crazy. At only 860 pixels, the control panel is leaving more than half of my screen useless blank space. Instead I constantly have to scroll down to find what I need "below the fold". Less user friendly than the Plesk 9 interface.

A fixed width template is obviously more friendly to the developer creating Plesk, since you know exactly where things will render, but it would seem that being useful to the users would be more important?

Some quick comments on Plesk 10.1.1.

- I don't like the two new icons "Learn How to Move a Site from Development to Production" and "Learn How to Clone a Site to Development Environment". They don't fit in.
- Still no way to easily view domain aliases. Should be shown in the domain list.
- Please add the following CSS code: html { overflow-y:scroll; }, it will make Plesk feel more stable in FireFox.
- Please use AJAX-popups instead of "site selection" pages.

2 DCR

Thanks for the idea. We are developing alternative skins now and will make one of them fullwidth. The alternative skins will be available online and you can adapt them further for your needs (colors, etc)

2 Hultenius

Good points. Added in my list.

Last edited:
@Sergey
1. we have discussed now so much over the last weeks and i thought parallels is on a good way.
now i tested 10.1.1. I disabled all my applications in "application vault and YES! the "tab" in SMB Panel Menu is gone away! jiha! rocks! but... on SMB start page i see this...

I spent some time playing with it in 10.1.1. As I see once you disable "Application Catalog" you get both tab and start page cleaned from Applications and that looks absolutely correct:

69f6eaf2.png

6fc50ddc.png

You don't even need to setup Applications filtering for that.

But if you kept Application Catalog enabled and applied empty Applications filter, then system assumes you have your own Applications to upload and thus Home and Tab have Applications available.

2. give us options to stop this new advertisements!! http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=108053
Both "Featured Applications" and "Recommended Applications" (Mail) will get hide control (an update is being developed).

3. why is it so complicated to hide "panel extras" its cool we can hide it now. but why that strange way with Partner API license change and so on??

You can hide extras via CLI (see here)or UI as well
ec575c02.png

But some providers might restrict it (perhaps unintentionally).

Some providers may have license keys not allowing these changes. We understand the inconvenience here for those who cannot access Partner API and will work on changing it.

Thanks for your detailed Feedback Sergey,
i cant confirm this! i have disablend "Access to Application Catalog" and The "Tab" is gone away! BUT The "Start page entry" for Application is already there. (post screenshots soon) Maybe there is a combination of settings causing this? We had the same Problem with Sitebuilder and "allow oberuse" http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=108054#5

Settings:
attachment.php

Tab is gone start page entry still there:
attachment.php

Attachments

• app_1.jpg
    app_1.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 61
  • app_2.jpg
    app_2.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 62
Last edited by a moderator:
Ok now i have a Subscription where it is working fine both things are gone! But on this domain the problem still exists. I think it depends on another setting.
Maybe it is while the domain with no bug is synct with service plan and the domain the bug appears is locked and NOT synct!
Pls try to reproduce it Sergey.If you cant PM me i can give you access to my Server it is just a testserver absolutly NO critical data!

- I don't like the two new icons "Learn How to Move a Site from Development to Production" and "Learn How to Clone a Site to Development Environment". They don't fit in.
- Still no way to easily view domain aliases. Should be shown in the domain list.
Completely agree on these points ;)

Also, it seems that for e.g. we cannot no longer hide some functionality in Plesk 10 that was hidable in Plesk 8 or even Plesk 9.

For e.g. we dont want to offer our customers any "web users" functionality where user could allow it's disk space to be divided to several subusers (that can put their websites in www.example.com/~username).

This functionality cannot be hidden in Plesk: even though we disable it in the Service Plan the link is still accessible in the Plesk customer panel side.

I really would like to see an option to disable and hide these extra features in case admin wants.

Also, it seems that for e.g. we cannot no longer hide some functionality in Plesk 10 that was hidable in Plesk 8 or even Plesk 9.

For e.g. we dont want to offer our customers any "web users" functionality where user could allow it's disk space to be divided to several subusers (that can put their websites in www.example.com/~username).

This functionality cannot be hidden in Plesk: even though we disable it in the Service Plan the link is still accessible in the Plesk customer panel side.

I really would like to see an option to disable and hide these extra features in case admin wants.

full agree Scy. we have discussed exact this functionallity in this thread with developers i hope we ll see some results soon. if you disable functionality in service plan this feature should be hidden everywhere in customer panel!

IgorG,

Is there a way to disable Users tab for customers ? I don't want that my customers can create new user accounts or modify information about owner from Plesk.

Ty.

Actually to allow only the apps you select you set an aps filter and add only the apps oyu want to the subscription but that is a bit of a pain, I do miss the plesk 9.x way of managing apps.

Actually to allow only the apps you select you set an aps filter and add only the apps oyu want to the subscription but that is a bit of a pain, I do miss the plesk 9.x way of managing apps.
Sean Davis, I'm sorry, I didn't understand you, what do you call "Aps filter" and How can I set it ?

Back