• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

I need your feedback about Control Visibility!

More we advance in release, more we loose in control :(

With plesk 8, we'll be abble to manage all items.
With plesk 9, we'll be abble to configure default home page client/domain/administrator.
With plesk 10, we can't anymore.

I think that the way took by Plesk developpers about control visibility isn't really good.

Last edited:
yes we have discussed that situation in this thread before and i hope parallels team now knows waht we want and we ll get more customization options back in next relases

lhwparis, I just downloaded default theme as you adviced me but have you an idea how I can hide completely the "Users" tab in that theme ?

you can add:

#navbar-content-area li:nth-child(2) {
display: none;
}

to the end of this file:
/default/css/customer/custom.css

this should hide the users button but only in modern browsers like firefox 3.0+, chrome, safari4+, ie9

you can add:
to the end of this file:
/default/css/customer/custom.css

this should hide the users button but only in modern browsers like firefox 3.0+, chrome, safari4+, ie9
ty very much. indeed with CSS3 pseudo-class, it's a solution, but there is not an another solution ? most of my customers use IE7/8 :(

yes i know :( cant see a way to do it with css2. plesks html/css structure is not up2date and not very good to theme because many parts are taken from plesk 7/8/9 and not rewritten

Is there any chance to get a simple switch in the roles panel to disable tabs (+ according items) "users" and "account".

reason: I do need users/roles with just a few rights (e.g. just mail config like spamfilter, autoreply, pwd, ...). Those users must not (!) be able to see other users or account details like resources, permissions or anything alike.

I know it has been discussed before, but to change the css/skin and set buttons and boxes to "display:none" is NOT an option, as this affects other roles/users and even the admin.

Some definite answer (will never implement, working on it, with release 10.x) is appreciated.

Just want to show SiteBuilder and Email

I want to just offer SiteBuilder and Email. Now I have a new SiteBuilder version, but I can't change the user desktop in Plesk 10 to show only these features.

It would be be nice to turn on/off everything you need, the more the users see, the more they want and play around, and that means support questions for items that isn't in the service offering.

Hi,
just like CK1 I'm in need of beeing able to disable tabs (account).
I had to creat a new customer and change the domain subscription to that customer in order to get rid of
the 'file' tab, caus I didn't want the users to use filesharing.
But right now, I don't know how to remove the 'account' tab.
A simple solution (user roles?) would be a great idea.

Btw. CK1
Have a look at:
http://kb.odin.com/en/111131
Since version 10.2 you may hide tab Users in Control Panel for any role that does not have Manage users and roles permission enabled. For that add option 'disable_readonly_users_list' into table psa.misc of Parallels Plesk Panel database with value = 'true'. You may use the following commands:

# mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa

mysql> insert into misc values ('disable_readonly_users_list', 'true');
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

mysql>
Altec

Back