• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

I updated from #19 to #21 and it deleted my wordpress site??!!

Sven L.

Regular Pleskian
centos 6.4 plesk 11.5.30#21

EDIT: TOPIC CHANGE, this was probably NOT cause by the MU but by the plesk app update!

Hello,

I have lots of worpress sites. Only ONE of them I installed through the plesk app manager, to test a bit. Everything seemed fine so I did the same for the next customer who wanted WP

Last week, that WP installation was updated to a new WP version, done by the final user of the web, not through plesk app manager. why? because plesk app manager seems to have a few days of delay on security updates, which is already bad enough, security updates need to applied day ONE.

Anyways, during the weekend I updated my server from mu#19 to mu#21 and this morning my customer calls me his web is GONE.
Maybe it wasn't really the mu# update, but the app manager updating the plesk instalation that was already updated manually?

I go check and the website is in "install mode", meaning plesk actually deleted the whole webpage and initiated a new install.

why did this happen? how to avoid this from happening again?

EDIT: talked with the customer again, she told me she saw this already on friday, which means this happened BEFORE i did the MU. so the only explanation here is:

1) The web was originally installed via plesk app manager
WordPress (3.6.1-15)

2) then the customer updated to latest WP version from within her WP panel

3) plesk app manager updated to WordPress (3.7.1-17) and for some reason deleted or reseted the web that was already manually updated

when i go into my plsk panel and app admin i only had one WP there:
WordPress (3.6.1-15) instalations: 1

now i have this:

WordPress (3.7.1-17) instalations: 1
WordPress (3.6.1-15) instalations: 0

Last edited:
I have had this happen recently, but I did not apply a Plesk update. A customer had installed WP using the app manager and turned automatic updates on in Plesk. At about 4AM the next morning their site was broken, half of the wordpress files were missing. The updater must have hit some issue and broke the I would leave the autoupdater in Plesk off for the time being.

I have had this happen recently, but I did not apply a Plesk update. A customer had installed WP using the app manager and turned automatic updates on in Plesk. At about 4AM the next morning their site was broken, half of the wordpress files were missing. The updater must have hit some issue and broke the I would leave the autoupdater in Plesk off for the time being.

Yes, I think this is EXACTLY what happened... and ofc I think this is unacceptable!

I didn't turn off the auto updater, I removed WP as an app completely and installed it manually like I did on all my previous customers. I can't believe such a think should be happening at all. No QA testing whatsoever from parallels...

This experience makes me not going to use the app vault EVER again!

Back