• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question I want to downgrade from php7.3.20 to 7.3.19

Zoo3

Regular Pleskian
I updated to PHP 7.3.20 and faced an issue with Nextcloud not working and I did.
The user can log in to Nextcloud, but immediately after that a 502 error occurs.

[error] 21578#0: *2 recv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer) while reading response header from upstream, client: IP-ADDRESS, server: MY-NEXTCLOUD, request: "POST /index.php/login HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:///var/www/vhosts/MY-NEXTCLOUD/php-fpm.sock:", host: "MY-NEXTCLOUD", referrer: "https://MY-NEXTCLOUD/"

I once uninstalled PHP7.3.20, and then reinstalled PHP7.3.20 I'm trying.

I want to downgrade to PHP 7.3.19. Please tell me how to do that.

I've switched to PHP 7.4 and am able to use Nextcloud. I'm not sure if it's a problem with NC or PLESK-PHP7.3.

Hi,

I have the same issue after the upgrade of PHP 7.3.
I've done what @Zoo3 said, install PHP 7.4 and run the NC on there, works like a charm! Thanks!

Greetings,

Bart

Hi,

just in case a Plesk employer sees this thread: Not all of us get offered PHP 7.4 (Onyx Users, for example, that can't upgrade to Obsidian) and therefor a fix for PHP 7.3 is necessary.
Over in the nextcloud forum there are several people having this issue, however, only with Plesk PHP 7.3.20, not with regular PHP 7.3.20.

No,i just log in and get this 502 error ... i try on different customers, and nextcloud versions. same everywhere

Has anyone in this case tried to
# service httpd restart
(or on Ubuntu, Debian etc. # service apache2 restart)
# service plesk-php73-fpm restart
?
Occasionally, FPM service "disconnects" from Apache when it thinks, other children or instances need to finish a task before a new one can respond to Apache. The issue might also have something to do with the pm.max_children and pm.max_requests settings. Try pm.max_children=25, pm.max_requests=10000 for testing purpose to avoid frequent hangs of the PHP-FPM service.

It seems that neither from this, nor the other thread anyone has filed a bug report. I cannot file that report, because I cannot reproduce the issue. It might be a good idea if somone did that so that it can be forwarded to developers:

I'd not use "dynamic" but "on demand", which leaves the calculation how many instances are needed to the system. The "max_requests" should be much higher, because else, children need to die and re-created frequently. Not sure about the additional opcache-settings either. It seems that none of our customers uses these.

However, I cannot verify the opcache issue described in the other thread or here. Still suggesting to file a report with Plesk.

i change to "on demand", don't work too :-(
But we buy a new server with centos 8, i start migrate on thursday

Please read the limitations on Plesk on CentOS 8 here:

I cannot give advice on that, just pointing out that there are limitations for CentOS 8 with Plesk.

Reactions: BNO
I'd not use "dynamic" but "on demand", which leaves the calculation how many instances are needed to the system. The "max_requests" should be much higher, because else, children need to die and re-created frequently. Not sure about the additional opcache-settings either. It seems that none of our customers uses these.

However, I cannot verify the opcache issue described in the other thread or here. Still suggesting to file a report with Plesk.
This is my report with Plesk, isn’t it?

Edit: no, it isn’t. sorry, am on mobile atm. My Thread is my report with Plesk, isn‘t it?

Here is the link again, where bugs can be reported:

thanks, sorry, was on mobile and I didn't see it. I will reference this thread, my thread and nextcloud forum threads.

Back