• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question I want to set table_open_cache of MariaDB

Zoo3

Regular Pleskian
I'm using MariaDB 10.3.9.
I am troubled because the setting value of table_open_cache in /etc/my.cnf is not setted.
I'm enter the mysql with "mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`". If I run it with "set global table_open_cache = XXX;" the setting will be setted.

I check the value of that item in MySQL and it is "447". Whatever I value it (eg 100000) with my.cnf is "447". I restored my.cnf to the original file and check its value, it is "421". The default value of table_open_cache in MariaDB 10.3 is "2000". Is the setting overwritten by something? If I do not set anything, it should be 2000. But it is "421". *The default value of old MariaDB is 400.

If I'm using Plesk, is there any item to set MariaDB outside /etc/my.cnf? There is only one of my.cnf /etc/my.cnf. There is no effect even if editing server.cnf or clinet.cnf in /etc/my.cnf.d/.

I use "MySQL Tuner" to optimize MariaDB setting values. Still a strange symptom.
I point out that the value of table_open_cache should be larger than 447. I can not set my.cnf, so set it up with the mysql command. And if I set the value to a large value, MySQL Tuner points out that it should be larger than that value. For example I point out that even if 10M is set, it should be over 10M. Is there an upper limit when excluding server hardware specifications?

Can not use MariaDB 10.3 with Plesk 17.8?

Thanks in advance.

---
CentOS 7.5 / MariaDB 10.3.9 / Plesk 17.8.11

I downgraded MariaDB from 10.3 to 10.2. *I had a hard time downgrading...

systemctl start mariadb:
[Warning] Could not increase number of max_open_files to more than 1024 (request: 4131)
[Warning] Changed limits: max_open_files: 1024 max_connections: 100 (was 100) table_cache: 447 (was 2000)
Started MariaDB 10.2.18 database server.
**The number enclosed in parentheses is the value specified by /etc/my.cnf.

The state did not change. Where is this the cause?

This may have been the cause. Is the problem "LimitNOFILE"?
I changed LimitNOFILE value of "migrated-from-my.cnf-settings.conf" in /etc/systemd/system/mariadb.service.d/ from 1024 to 65536.

/etc/systemd/system/mariadb.service.d/migrated-from-my.cnf-settings.conf
# converted using /usr/bin/mariadb-service-convert
#
[Service]
LimitNOFILE=1024 --> "65536"​

I have not remembered that I have intentionally changed this value. It may have been overwritten by MariaDB's update.
So there is a question. What is the initial value of LimitNOFILE in Plesk Onyx?

Back