• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question I want to suppress the use of Apache memory

Zoo3

Regular Pleskian
I have been receiving frequent server alerts from Plesk Mobile since two weeks ago.
I made a Plesk-related update that was released at the same time as the update to CentOS 7.7 two weeks ago.
My server currently uses only Nextcloud software. And it runs on Nginx. And at most 10 people use my server.

The Apache memory(Health monitoring) usage graph fluctuates frequently. Memory consumption varies between 0.3GB and up to 1.5GB.

I can temporarily free memory by restarting PLESK-PHP73-fpm. Or restart the server. But the same result over time.

Even if I stop the "Apache service" with PLESK, this memory usage does not change. I can use Nextcloud without any problems even if I stop the Apache service. The Apache service has been suspended for a long time or short time. The Apache service seems to be required to start automatically.

What I can't understand is that a warning is sent even when it is rarely used, such as Sunday.

Today's maximum memory consumption seems to be low.
What should I do to reduce and stabilize this Apache memory usage?

upload_2019-10-28_11-45-19.png

---
CentOS 7.7, Nginx 1.14.2, PHP 7.3.10, PLESK 17.8.11#71

Hi Zoo3,

Even if I stop the "Apache service" with PLESK, this memory usage does not change. [...]
It isn't only Apache's memory. In this case, Web Services means counting php-fpm too:

Code:
# grep ProcessMatch 23process_Web.conf | head -n 1
    ProcessMatch "Web" "\/httpd|\/apache2|php-cgi|php-fpm|php5-fpm"

It isn't only Apache's memory. In this case, Web Services means counting php-fpm too:
I don't have ProcessMatch command, but I checked this site.
I found out why if I restart plesk-php73-fpm, the memory is freed there.

So why does PLESK-PHP73-FPM use memory so heavily? Is it caused by CentOS7.7? Or is it an update of Plesk?

Without knowing how may connections are your web services handling, how much bandwidth your services use, etc., it's impossible to know whether the memory usage is actually high or not.

Have you checked the logs to see how much activity is there? Did you observe other statistical and monitoring tools to see what is happening on your server?

Back