1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

IIS Manager for Remote Administration

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Windows Issue, Fixes, How-To' started by Ramsey Bashir, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Ramsey Bashir

Ramsey Bashir Guest

Does Plesk 9.5 support IIS Manager for Remote Administration? Allow a user to enable it and create a username and password in Plesk so that they can manage their site through IIS Manager on their local system?

http://www.iis.net/download/iismanager

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    It was not tested but you can try it. It is IIS tool and you can use it for IIS sites configuration but note that all your custom sites configurations can be overwritten by Plesk when you will change something for site hosting via Plesk.

3. Ramsey Bashir

Ramsey Bashir Guest

Thank you for the reply. I understand that I can manually configure IIS Manager for any site even if I'm not using Plesk. My question is does Plesk allow clients to enable IIS Manager and create their own user and password on their own? I'm assuming not, so I'd like to have this added to the suggestions list for Plesk as it's a very important feature for .net developers.

http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/159/...inistration-and-feature-delegation-in-iis-70/

Attached Files:

4. IgorG

24%
    Hmm... Plesk is created not for developers but for hosting and I don't understand for what Plesk in your case? IIS is managed by Plesk and why it should be managed by something else?

5. yauhenyc

yauhenyc New Pleskian

60%
    Do you plan to add this feature in next releases?

6. IgorG

24%
    What's business case of this?

7. yauhenyc

yauhenyc New Pleskian

60%
    Customers want management IIS from GUI.
    Example, they want used URL Rewrite, HTTP Redirect with GUI.

Many providers (our competitors) provide that opportunity.