• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Image display issue in email body

SagarS

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

Operating System :- CentOS release 5.7
Plesk Version :- Plesk 10.4.4

I am facing strange issue with display of images included in email body.

I was created email id with few email aliases ID: [email protected] -- aliases [email protected].
I [email alises mail account also] regularly received notification email which contains .png/jpeg images which was display properly before few days.Suddenly images are not displaying in main email account "[email protected]" but images displays properly in email alises [email protected].

I have checked [email protected] from webmail and images are attached as part of the message.This is at the end of message
The following files were attached to this part:

Attached File: image001.jpg (image/jpeg)

I am facing this issue with all email client [outlook,thunderbird etc.]

I am stuck here now. Please suggest me on this.

Thanks
Sagar

I'm not sure I understand correctly. Let me see.....

When you create a mailbox, then add aliases to that mailbox, there is only one copy of the message. That copy goes to the main mailbox even if the message is addresses to one of the aliases.

Here's where I get confused by your post: you would not normally try to collect email via Outlook/etc for the alias. Only for the main mailbox.

If you just mean that email sent to [email protected] show images OK, but emails sent to [email protected] are not (all downloaded using a pop3 account set up in Outlook with username [email protected]), then wow -- very interesting.

If it was in one email client then I'd say it is an issue with the security settings in that email client. But you have tried multiple clients.

Could it be your anti-virus? But no, I think you are saying the images don't even appear when you view them in webmail? They show as an attachment?

Is this ALL emails? With all emails sent to [email protected] images don't display, but with all emails sent to [email protected] they do?

If so then that's really crazy. I can't think what would cause this. Again IF I understand what you are saying, your emails are somehow being damaged when they get to the mailbox but only if they are addresses to [email protected] and not if [email protected]

I suppose of there is an anti-spam or anti-virus issue and it only looks at email addressed to real@ and not alias@ it might explain it.

Hm....so, try disabling AV and AS in Plesk for that address, to see if it makes any difference? (but be careful! and remember to re-enable afterwards).

Hello,

Thanks for your response.

Sorry for confusion.Actually I have created email box and then enable email forwarding to [email protected] its true image in email body doesnt display for main mailbox in any email client.But same email i can see properly in [email protected] from all email client.

We are not using plesk spam filtering / antivirus on this email server.We used mailscanner to scan email messages.

Thanks,
Sagar

Back