• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Image gallery upload: post is empty

D

dfgo

I can't upload some images to the photo gallery. I get the following response:

Cannot execute a request to the site. The request post is empty. Please contact the server administrator.

It seems smaller images are uploaded ok, but not one that has 200 KB, which is not much. I've checked PHP upload and post size limits, they're all ok. Please help!

-Dario

As situation related to images size most probably this is related to some PHP limits. You need to increase memory_limit and post_max_size parameters on publication host. After that restart apache service and check it one more time.
Also, do you have mod_security enabled for PHP? If there is still issue with this, could you provide me with phpinfo() from the publication side, so I could check PHP configuration?

I've sent you the link to the phpinfo() output in a private message. You'll see that the current values are:

memory_limit = 64M
post_max_size = 32M
upload_max_filesize = 32M

which I think are more than enough for the file upload to take place (it's a 200 KB file). Thanks!

-Dario

Did you check any apache error log files on publication side?
By the way is there any mod_security or mod_security2 module enabled for apache. It could also affect.

No mod_security(2) installed. The Apache error log shows nothing and the access log shows:

189.91.xxx.xxx - - [13/Nov/2008:18:18:50 -0200] "POST /Wizard/Edit/Modules/ImageGallery HTTP/1.1" 302 5 "http://xxxxxx.com/Wizard/Edit/Modules/ImageGallery?currentPageId=wemceqb434d" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; pt-BR; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3"
189.91.xxx.xxx - - [13/Nov/2008:18:19:05 -0200] "POST /Wizard/Edit/Modules/ImageGallery/Image/Upload HTTP/1.1" 302 5 "http://xxxxxx.com/Wizard/Edit/Modules/ImageGallery/ImageUpload" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; pt-BR; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3"

Thanks

Could you please open a ticket for me? I don't have a support package and this is clearly a SiteBuilder bug. Thank you!

We have the same problem

Last night i made a new site in the trail version of sitebuilder and i uploaded, add, about 80 pics to the site and it worked fine.
Today i placed the site from trail to a registerd account and now i can't upload any more pics and get the same error message as discribed above...
On one other site, already registerd, at first a uploaded some images and it worked fine.
Today i tried it to upload some more pictures but now i got also the same error.
We checked our server and nothing seems to bee wrong except that we can't upload images...
Is there a way to solve this problem in a fast way because we use sitebuilder for our customers and like to see that this part will work as it sepose to be.

Kind regards,

Remco
The Netherlands

Dmitry, do you need a sample image file to test this bug? I'll happily provide you one. Thanks.

Yes, please provide test images. Also, could you please provide PHP info for the publication host? So I could check it.
Can you reproduce the same issue on different site or on trial one?

FIXED IT!!! The publishing server had suhosin limiting the post request length. What happens is that, when a site has been published at least once, all new file uploads get relayed directly from the server where SB is installed to the user account at the publishing server, specifically to file "server.php". My SB server had no suhosin running, but the publishing server had. I placed the following directives in php.ini:

suhosin.post.max_value_length=0
suhosin.request.max_value_length=0

And it worked!

Stupid me, the solution was described at

http://kb.odin.com/en/5429

but I thought it applied only to the SB server.

-Dario

Back