• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue increase max file size upload on plesk server

tn7000

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 11.3
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obisidian v18.0.43
VersionPlesk Obsidian v18.0.43_build1800220414.18 os_Debian 11.0
BetriebssystemDebian 11.3

How can i increase the maximum file size restriction for backup uploads server wide?

-------------------
i made these changes:

/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini
post_max_size = 21474836480
upload_max_filesize = 21474836480

/etc/sw-cp-server/config
client_max_body_size 20000m;

/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom/server/nginxPleskAccess.php
client_max_body_size 20000m;

i also changed the response/timeout times, to give the server/client enough time for processing larger files (max execution time + max input time)
-------------------

after these changes i do not get the "413 request entity too large" anymore, so it seems to work

the problem is, all files bigger than 2 gb get following error message during upload attempt >>> "Fehler: Es wurden keine Dateien zum Hochladen ausgewählt. Wählen Sie mindestens eine Datei aus." which translates to "error, no files for upload selected, please select at least one file"
all files smaller than 2 gb upload completely normally

Did you restart the psa service after applying?

Be sure to log out and in again for the changes to apply in your panel

yeah, we even made full server reboots, since there are very few websites running on it currently ...
thank you for your efforts, but sadly we already did that

I have not found anything extra on this so far but for now you could try uploading the file to anywhere on the server and import it that way.
As Peter described here:

I have not found anything extra on this so far but for now you could try uploading the file to anywhere on the server and import it that way.
As Peter described here:

Thank you, that's how we are currently doing it.
But come on, we live in the year 2022 ... 2gb maximum limit? Seriously? Are we back in 2010? 90% of our projects are bigger than that ... a LOT bigger ...

Thank you, that's how we are currently doing it.
But come on, we live in the year 2022 ... 2gb maximum limit? Seriously? Are we back in 2010? 90% of our projects are bigger than that ... a LOT bigger ...
I'm glad you can do it this way for now.
Il keep looking into this and maybe i will find something more.

I understand the frustration but it is weird that it is not working.
I use to do exactly as you did and it worked but this was over a year ago i might try it again on our new server soon and i will let you know incase it works.

Or hopefully someone else can shine some more light on this?

I'm glad you can do it this way for now.
Il keep looking into this and maybe i will find something more.

I understand the frustration but it is weird that it is not working.
I use to do exactly as you did and it worked but this was over a year ago i might try it again on our new server soon and i will let you know incase it works.

Or hopefully someone else can shine some more light on this?

Thanks a lot for your efforts <3
I'm curious now, why it worked for you ...

Back