• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

images uploading to wrong location

Jllynch

Regular Pleskian
A client is having trouble uploading images to a site. They upload the image but it shows as a broken link in the site. When I have a look at the same site I am presented with a different "directory" when I go to upload an image and select browse server. The client sees different images when they "browse server".

The client accesses a few different sitebuilder sites so could their browser be getting confused somehow? We had them delete their cookies but still the same issue. How do they "reset" what directory they see to the correct one?

It appears that many of our customers are having this problem. Has anyone had a similar problem? Anyone know of a reason/fix?

It makes it very difficult to talk to a client over the phone and tell them how to upload an image when they are seeing a different random directory that they shouldn't be seeing.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I have even submitted a support ticket on this issue.

Our clients are still having this issue. It appears that it maybe some thing triggered on the client browser/OS. At the same time that the client is logged in and seeing the wrong image directory I have been able to login to the same site from two different operating systems and different browsers and see the correct directory and images.

Clients are also now reporting that the program is very slow loading sometimes. They either get in immediately or it seems to time out. The server load is very low and the client computer very powerful.

Netvantage Web Hosting

Are your clients managing more than one website? If so, we have found that there is definitely a cross over of publishing locations when moving from one sitebuilder admin to another. Typically the sitebuilder is on a different server than the plesk install. If they log into a second account without completely logging out of both sitebuilder and hspc admin or plesk, then this problem will occur. They must log out of everything and start over. Chalk it up to just one of the many quirks needed to navigate this product. I hope this helps.

The reseller is managing more than one site.

But they have clients who have only ever logged into the one sitebuilder account and never into plesk, and they are being given the wrong upload directories.

So is there also an issue with different people logging into the same sitebuilder account on different computers? Will that cause issues?

If the plesk and sitebuilder was all on the one server would that solve the issue? A few sites are on a different server.

Netvantage Web Hosting

This problem seemed to go away when we upgraded to V4 but we are told now that it is back!

The client sees a different directory and images when they "browse server".

Is there a solution/reason for this?

Netvantage Web Hosting

Back