• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

IMAP Sent Folder not found in Outlook/Thunderbird

stonegate

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

i am running CentOS Linux 7.0.1406 (Core) with Plesk Version 12.0.18 Update #19.

Customers who use Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird cannot send Emails through IMAP (Courier) because their mailclients say "Cannot write to sent Folder" even when there is a "Sent" Folder in the IMAP Structure existing. It is also subscribed by the Client.

Outlook Users have to go to: file - account settings > account settungs > Change > more Settings > advanced > root Folder path and enter the word inbox

Mozilla Users have to enter "INBOX." under advanced IMAP Settings in Thunderbird.

So my question is: Why is that ? And cant i Change something as admin on the Server side so all customers dont have to Panic and set an inbox Folder path in their mailclients ?

For customers it has to work without Client-side configuration.

Any ideas ?

Best Regards
Daniel

If should work without any modifications in the latest Thunderbird - versions. Please be sure to tell your customers, to update to the latest version, so that your customer don't have to do changes.

MS Outlook has it's own way of handling IMAP folders... it even creates a whole new structure in the Outlook - *.pst files and is not capable of finding the root - folder by itself. Sad, but MS doesn't care much about these issues and that is the reason, why you will find tons of tutorials in the web, who guide Outlook - users with fixes.

Well maybe - and thats what i would really like to see in Plesk - Parallels can edit the "Info" Popup and Help File when People click on the "i" Button next to their Emailadress. It would be good if there would be a line telling Outlook users to add "inbox" as their source Folder for Imap.

Customers are often not experienced and they rely on the documentation. Since the popup does not say anything about that INBOX Setting, they assume that there is a Problem with our Service and they blame us for selling them stuff that does not work. Thats always a bad Situation for us and the customer relationship. So i really like to see some patched info popup here - i dont want to manually Change something within the plesk code as it breaks all updates and such.

Stoney

Due to the case that Parallels is not responsible for bad coding ( especially not for any software, which is not shipped by Parallels ), most providers have as well their own knowledge base ( mostly defined as FAQ ), where they inform their clients/users and help them with issues/problems they might have, because it is impossible to implement all sorts of information for every external bad coded software in Plesk itself. If you think that Plesk should have additional features, you might post your suggestions at https://plesk.uservoice.com and vote for it. :)

Well honestly - nobody is blaming Parallels for anything. However the info popup describes how to Setup the account in Outlook. Since the "INBOX" Information is obviously an important Thing to know they should add that Information to the help file. It does not cost them anything and our customers dont blame parallels or us for a product that is not working. Thanks for the link - i will vote on the link :)

Back