• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated and is no longer available for installation on the current Plesk release (18.0.63).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, the extension will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan and the deprecation FAQ.

Issue import backup

dicker

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.63 Update #4,
Hello, I got a new server because the old server is currently broken.
Now I wanted to restore an external backup.
First of all, I only wanted to restore the backup for one customer.
The server loads a lot of data onto the server. For example, from customers that I didn't want to restore yet.
The /var/lib/psa/dumps alone is currently 700 GB in size.
How can it be that the server does much more than I have configured? I can see all the customers in the /var/lib/psa/dumps/clients even though I haven't wanted to restore them yet.
I tried it last night. This morning a 3 TB disk was full of a backup which was about 1 TB in size.

All backup content is packed in a single .tar file. It needs to be downloaded and unpacked to have a separate directory for the one client you want to restore.

Okay, so that's normal. The nightly backup was aborted. Nevertheless, more than 1500 GB of storage space was occupied.
I wonder where so much data came from. The defective server only had a total of 1500 GB of disk space. That's strange.
Currently 900 GB have been moved and there is no end to it.

Back