• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Imported database from old instalation into new one, how to repair/determing problems

S

Sergio Lopes

Hi,
As you probably imagine, I made mistake and imported a mysql dump from one old server into a new one. Our server company made a migration to new hardware, they configured the new plesk installation but left most of the migration half way through. Being the ignorant about plesk that I am, and faced with some pressure to put the system online as fast as possible, I made a dump file from the old server, with the --all-databases option and, wrongly used the same dump, to restore the data into the new server.

At first glance, everything worked alright, most likely because all configuration was o memory/cached, now the server was rebooted, and all problems started to show.

Most problems were due to different passwords in the shadow files from the ones in the database, I repaired those related to plesk admin interface and horde webmail system, now I have a problem with phpmyadmin access.

Every time I try to access phpmyadmin from within plesk, I get an access denied,

"#1045 - Access denied for user 'pma_TixQVuuuoFnA'@'localhost' (using password: YES) "

I've looked at the database server and that user doesn't exist. So, how can I fix this all situation? How are phpmyadmin users and databases created, is there anything I can do to solve this?

Thank,

Sérgio Lopes

Back