• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Importing mailaccounts from Linux server to Plesk

Lexz

Basic Pleskian
Hey there!

Our company is using Plesk for a while without any trouble (on Linux).
Now we are facing an situation where we would like to migrate all mail-accounts (including the current passwords) and the mail-directories from a non-Plesk Linux server into a Plesk server.

The idea is to bulk-create the mailboxes on Plesk, change the password with a query in the database and import all the mail-directories with rsync.
We have access to the hashed passwords from the source server and the raw data from the mailboxes.
My question: is this possible? And is there somebody who could tell me how we could import the password-hashes into the Plesk mailserver?

Thank you very much for your response!

What exactly is the non-Plesk linux platform?

I think your best bet forward would be to see if those can be decrypted - if so you could script something up that would recreate the email accounts with the Plesk API, followed by syncing them with IMAP Sync; Official imapsync migration tool ( release 1.977 )

Personally, I avoid manual email migrations as much as possible and decide to instead point clients to a version of the above script I host on a domain I own; IMAPSync.net

Hello Mark,
Thank you for your response.

The source server is a Ubuntu server with Postfix and Dovecot, there is no control panel. Pretty straightforward.
Reason why we would like to migrate the mail like the way I described is because we don't have to change the configurations on the clientside.
I don't think we can decrypt the passwords on the source server. Only the hashes are saved.

I will take a look at the imapsync webinterface, have used the commandline version before. Very nice tool.
If you have any tips or ideas, let me know :cool:

Back