• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Importing mailaccounts from Linux server to Plesk

Lexz

Basic Pleskian
Hey there!

Our company is using Plesk for a while without any trouble (on Linux).
Now we are facing an situation where we would like to migrate all mail-accounts (including the current passwords) and the mail-directories from a non-Plesk Linux server into a Plesk server.

The idea is to bulk-create the mailboxes on Plesk, change the password with a query in the database and import all the mail-directories with rsync.
We have access to the hashed passwords from the source server and the raw data from the mailboxes.
My question: is this possible? And is there somebody who could tell me how we could import the password-hashes into the Plesk mailserver?

Thank you very much for your response!

What exactly is the non-Plesk linux platform?

I think your best bet forward would be to see if those can be decrypted - if so you could script something up that would recreate the email accounts with the Plesk API, followed by syncing them with IMAP Sync; Official imapsync migration tool ( release 1.977 )

Personally, I avoid manual email migrations as much as possible and decide to instead point clients to a version of the above script I host on a domain I own; IMAPSync.net

Hello Mark,
Thank you for your response.

The source server is a Ubuntu server with Postfix and Dovecot, there is no control panel. Pretty straightforward.
Reason why we would like to migrate the mail like the way I described is because we don't have to change the configurations on the clientside.
I don't think we can decrypt the passwords on the source server. Only the hashes are saved.

I will take a look at the imapsync webinterface, have used the commandline version before. Very nice tool.
If you have any tips or ideas, let me know :cool:

Back