• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

In at the deep end.

C

ChrisUKC

Hi
At the risk of getting shot down in flames I'm looking for some help in getting upto speed using PLESK.
We have a club website & forum and our webmaster upped and left us to it. I have an IT background so got involved in sorting things out. I've managed to regain access and we've sorted the website itself. I now want to ensure the VPS is operating correctly and find out where we are.
At this point I think we are running 7.5.4 on a Linux/Unix platform as the version is shown on the title bar and I log in using 'root'. Is there a way I can be sure?
Can somebody point me at a beginner's guide or similar?
I've got here after being advised by Webfusion because of an email problem we have.
I have an issue with email redirects not working for new email addresses I've set up, but the existing ones do. I've looked back at old posts but can't find this particular problem.
All our email redirects to external domains. e.g. [email protected] goes to [email protected]. I've added [email protected] to redirect to the same destination (for testing) with identical settings in PLESK but it never gets delivered. The sending email provider eventually sends a timeout. I've tried to look in the maillog file but cannot find it. Do I need commandline access?

Be gentle with me please.

Which OS is this?

For redhat/centos type OSes mail logs are in /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog

Look in /var/qmail/domain.tld for various qmail files. They are .qmail (i.e. hidden) so ls -al to see them. Redirection directives can be found in those files.

/var/qmail/control/rcpthosts dictates which domains qmail will accept email for and /var/qmail/virtualdomains should also have a list of domains.

All the above files are normally adujsted by Plesk so changes you make won't necessarily "stick" after you make changes in Plesk.

Faris.

I reaslise its Unix/Linux. I assume Linux as the OS appears to be Fedora.
Now i'm in trouble, a long time since I even looked at Unix.
Tried to view the maillog, which is there, but tells me I don't have permission.
I'm logged in as root via SSH window.

Back