• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

In Sitebuilder, you can neither create your custom design templates, nor edit or ...

C

creatureserver

Clarification Needed Regarding Custom Templates

"In Sitebuilder, you can neither create your custom design templates, nor edit or remove the existing ones." I found this statement in the documentation of the admin section for 4.0.

THIS IS A MAJOR PROBLEM. I've been waiting for this product to move up in it's version only for the php insecurities and now the template functionality has been removed.

I have a 200+ user base of nothing but pet owners wanting pet animal websites. I need to be able to modify the existing templates and add more for my users.

WHY IS THIS ADMIN FUNCTION REMOVED?

I emailed [email protected] yesterday about this. No one has responded. I called and spoke with a gentleman in the sitebuilder dept. He was unaware of this change in the new version. I am sure myself and many others will be displeased with this change.

There has to be a remedy to this. Please add this function back in.

I am starting to believe that the above is a typo in the documentation located here: Managing Site Design Templates

Because, here: What's New in 4.0 it says:

Custom Design Templates - Create custom templates tailored for specific markets, with the ability to create one template that can be deployed across both Linux/Unix and Windows platforms.

So, could someone please verify whether or not custom templates can be added into this new version and the old ones be modified?

Typo in the Manual

This is a typo in the Admin users manual... Thank you for pointing it out.

The sentence should read "In Sitebuilder, you can either create your custom design templates, or edit / remove the existing ones. If necessary, you can download additional design templates from the SWsoft website and install them as described in the Sitebuilder 4.0 for Linux/Unix Installation Guide."

Regards,

SWsoft Customer Service

I still don't get it. Even with the type sitebuilder says it can

"create your custom design templates, or edit / remove the existing ones."

This means the same thing.

How do we create custom design templates or edit the existing ones?

Thanks,
Bummerinc

We too are very keen to start creating our own custom templates, this was one the major reasons we upgraded to version 4.0 (although now we have found out we could already do it in v3).

Please could someone point us in the right direction for detailed instructions of how to create and upload custom templates in Sitebuilder 4 for Linux.

Many thanks

Jo Sundman - Teckna Ltd

Modify Templates

I have the Windows version.

I need the questions on this forum topic answered asap.

I have also written and asked many questions, and every time, either very simple replies or only one reply to 4 questions.

So... How do we modify the templates?

I have downloaded a template and when I open it, all the code is not in a workable format.

Question. How do I get the code to a format I can work with?

Dreamweaver and Sitebuilder

Can the templates be modified in Dreamweaver and then be imported into sitebuilder?

My current system allows me to create my own templates, add the code tags and upload via FTP.

What is the method to designing / modifying templates in sitebuilder and then the steps to install them into sitebuilder?

Back