• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved In what country and by what entity is the Plesk Knowledge Base hosted?

@B_P what kind of update do you expect? As I said above, Plesk is not a Russian company, all of its infrastructure and employees are not in Russia. Those few who still remain in Russia will be laid off by the end of the year, including me. What else do you expect? For all Russian-speaking employees to be fired from Plesk? Or what?
I'm pretty sure this is a lie. As I just encounter support from Russia.
SXHaK.png

SXXto.png

@magicnation, WebPros has employees from Russia and Ukraine and supports all of these people. As for the information you see on LinkedIn, it’s just outdated info. I believe that people have to do so many things to care of now that updating social network profiles is at the end of the list.

@magicnation, WebPros has employees from Russia and Ukraine and supports all of these people. As for the information you see on LinkedIn, it’s just outdated info. I believe that people have to do so many things to care of now that updating social network profiles is at the end of the list.
I think the first thing Plesk need to do is to clarify and let the customer know who is still part of Russia and has access to their servers. Nationality is a big issue, especially for those people who are still under pressure from the Russia Government, I don't know what else they will do if their family member under the government threatens. Customers have the right to know who is accessing their servers and data this is very basic common sense.

@magicnation Plesk doesn't have to tell us who works from Russia. If you don't want remote access from a WebPro from Russia, let it know in the ticket when you contact Plesk Support. They will honor your request.

Last edited:
@magicnation Plesk doesn't have to tell us who works from Russia. If you don't want remote access from a WebPro from Russia, let it know in the ticket when you contact Plesk Support. They will honor your request.
That is not the correct way to solve the problem especially since there does not even has a warning message when customers submit the support ticket. IF THERE IS A OPTION TO ALLOW CUSTOMER TO CHOOSE, I would like to know who will still choose Russia. I think, if Web Pro is under Plesk, then it is Plesk job to ask and re-enforce that not Web Pro. I will pass my concern to one of my invest journalists to work on it, especially since there are many customers who will affect by this issue, and they don't even know about it.

magicnation, as much as I understand your concerns, if you've open a ticket with Plesk and you've provided information to access your server (aka using the Plesk Support SSH Access extension) you are giving them permission to access the server. If you have concerns of where the tech is located you could always denied SSH access by not providing them details and instead ask for the instructions of what they are requiring or ask if your ticket is routed to someone who is not located in a specific country.

In either case, someone would need to specifically give them permission to access by providing them the ssh info for them to connect so you can't really blame the tech here. (just saying)

magicnation, as much as I understand your concerns, if you've open a ticket with Plesk and you've provided information to access your server (aka using the Plesk Support SSH Access extension) you are giving them permission to access the server. If you have concerns of where the tech is located you could always denied SSH access by not providing them details and instead ask for the instructions of what they are requiring or ask if your ticket is routed to someone who is not located in a specific country.

In either case, someone would need to specifically give them permission to access by providing them the ssh info for them to connect so you can't really blame the tech here. (just saying)
I don't think that's the right way to blame the customer for giving out permission. Support service is not free, they paid the money, therefore they should have the right to use it. But they also have the right to know who will serve them the support, Especially during wartime. It's like Churchill asking Hitler to fix their radar without knowing who is behind it (just a metaphor), this is how ridiculous is right now. Again, nothing wrong with the Russians other than their government.

I'm sorry if I'm coming off crass but you say, and I quote:
nothing wrong with the Russians other than their government.
But yet you get upset that a Russian connected to your server to get more details because you've given them permission to connect. Do you not see how hypocritical you're sounding?

Also, how would you know that the support rep you were working with is even still in Russia? For all we know he moved out of there years ago, before, or after war time and never bothered to update his LinkedIn. You wouldn't, not unless you pull his personnel records.

And as I've mention before, I understand your concerns, but you don't know what's happening behind the scene of things and you can't be quick to assume. And if you have such issues, when opening a ticket you should state in the ticket that you don't want to work with someone located in a specific region like what maartenv mention.

Back