• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue plesk cors policy, either no header or multiple headers

Mrdtch

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
ubuntu
Plesk version and microupdate number
obsidian
I needed to enable cors, so i followed this guide:

I am adding the additional apache directives to the 'additional directives for HTTPS' as Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "Example Domain"
and Nginx proxy mode is ticked/on.

When I do this (and only this) I get the error "The 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header contains multiple values '*, Example Domain', but only one is allowed."

But when I delete the line from "Additional directives for HTTPS" i get the error:
has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.

When I try the opposite:
Disable proxy mode and add the directive "add_header 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' 'Example Domain':" to the 'additional nginx directives' box (after clearing the previous directives in the Apache section).
I get the error:
has been blocked by CORS policy: Response to preflight request doesn't pass access control check: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.

I have followed the guide:

however there is no value in any of the other locations specified.

I am unsure what to do now.

I am uncertain why without a single directive there is a no header error but with just one single directive, i am getting an error. If there is a directive somewhere allowing '*' access, then where is it and why does it not work?

Back