• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Inbox, Draft and sent emails dont show up Postfix/Linux server

Fireblade

New Pleskian
Hello

I will first say I have no clue about all this :)

I migrated from cpanel linux server to PLESK linux server, looks like everything was ok. Then I opend roudcube webmail, checked my mails, looks ok, but then I noticed I could not create a new email and my replies which was sent will not show up in sent.

Then I looked in my inbox, at the time where all where there, saw a junk mail, marked it a clicked junk, then I got a error and I could not see my inbox emails anymore. I just marked the 1 email for sure.

When I look at PLESK mail mydomain page, I still see the same amput of MB used so the mails must still be there.

What can I do, I can not loose my emails.

Hi Fireblade,

well, you might choose the Control Panel what suits you most, but described issues can't be investigated with the little informations you provide - you don't even tell us, WHICH operating system you use, you don't include corresponding log - files and you don't include corresponding configuration files - maybe you should consider to use a "managed" server, because the server administration tasks will then be done by your hosting company. ;)

Well, the plesk control panel version is 12.5 with Centos 7.
In the logs I am getting the following error :

<g0nl3c6p> IMAP Error: Could not save message in INBOX.Sent in /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/steps/mail/sendmail.inc on line 645 (POST /roundcube/?_task=mail&_unlock=loading1492462980853&_lang=en_US&_framed=1&_action=send)

Tried many Knowledge Articles for the fix but nothing works.

Hi Fireblade,

thank you for providing at least the error message, but with the additional information
Tried many Knowledge Articles for the fix but nothing works.
... you opened much more additional questions, WHAT you read, WHERE and WHAT you recently changed, modified.

Anyway: The error message itself state clear, that the message couldn't be saved, which leads to permissions issues, so you could start with:

Plesk Repair Utility => Plesk Repair Utility

Example commands:
plesk repair fs -y -v
and
plesk repair mail -y -v
... could help you to solve the issue.​

Another option is to REMOVE and RE-INSTALL the Plesk component roundcube.

I ran both the repair commands which gave me zero warnings and errors.
After that I removed and re-installed the roundcube but still the issue exists.

Still getting the same error :

[26-Apr-2017 15:57:48 +0200]: <aru9olfs> IMAP Error: Could not save message in INBOX.Sent in /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/steps/mail/sendmail.inc on line 645 (POST /roundcube/?_task=mail&_unlock=loading1493215067960&_lang=en_US&_framed=1&_action=send)

I tried to change the webmail to Horde and problem exists on horde as well.
I believe there the mailbox configuration is incorrect and this issue can be fixed by recreating the mail box. But I cannot do it as these emails are important to me.

Hi Fireblade,

a well-known trick to solve mail - server misconfigurations is to switch from postfix to qmail and back to postfix ( dovecot to courier-imap and back to dovecot ).

Examples:
Code:
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component qmail
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component postfix

plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component courier-imap
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component dovecot
NO mailbox will be touched by this procedures, so pls. don't worry about current existent eMail - accounts and their folders and messages. ;)

Back