• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Server error while increasing the max attachment size value in Roundcube

CobraArbok

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.49 Update #2
To increase the value of the maximum attachment size for Roundcube I followed this guide.
When I upload a 42MB zip file, it gets to 100%, but then I get the error below.
In the Logs I don't see any errors, only info and warnings. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?
I'm using the Browser Log extension.

Roundcube-Attach-error.png

If you're using ModSecurity, did you followed the steps in the ModSecurity part of the guide? How about the bandwidth limitations? There's a section for that as well in the same guide you might want to apply the settings for as well.

Also, it's possible that there's other reasons without looking through the logs further.

But, in general, is there a reason why you must attached a zip file that's that big? Why not use something like OneDrive, Google Drive, or something? Where I work at we use Microsoft Exchange and the max file size we've allowed was 10 MB iirc. We told users to use their OneDrive if they need to share anything bigger.

But, in either case, make sure your ModSecurity settings are set and bandwidth limitation sets according to the document that you've linked or provide more detail logs (you will more likely need to enable debug logging: How to enable debug logging for Roundcube webmail on Plesk for Linux? - Support Cases from Plesk Knowledge Base )

@scsa20
I may have exaggerated with a 512MB limit, but the attachment is a zip of only 42MB. Doesn't seem excessive to me.
I didn't understand why ModSecurity would restrict me one attachment. Roundcube is a service managed directly by Plesk, or am I wrong.
There is plenty of disk space and ISP bandwidth has never restricted me even for larger files, for example via FTP.

I redid the configuration bringing the value to 100MB.
I put the directive in ModSecurity.
I changed the bandwidth limitation.
I also turned on logging
But I continue to find in the Roundcube that generic error that I reported in the initial post and in the system and email logs I don't see any errors.

Is it possible that something is preventing the zip from being saved to the server once it has been uploaded?

@scsa20
@Peter Debik

I tried to send this zip from Thunderbird but it returned this error message: The server replied: Message size exceeds fixed limit.

So the problem not with Roundcube, but with the server or Dovecot

Back